PLAY600 CHALLENGE OVERVIEW
The PLAY600 Challenge is an open themed, design-based challenge that introduces kids to basic STEAM concepts using robotics design while encouraging them to play and express their creativity.
With this challenge, STEAM CUP USA hopes to lower the barrier of entry into robotics by providing simple and affordable robotic kits.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
1) Apply for the challenge.
PLAY600 Challenge requires participants to have the PLAY600 kit either through a sponsor organization or company, or independently. Please review the points below to know what steps you will need to take:
Have a Kit? Proceed to Apply Now below.
To purchase a kit, visit our online store
For those who do not have a kit, you may contact for support.
- Once your application is accepted, you will receive an email providing the next steps that you will need to take
2) Build and play with the seven different PLAY600 example robots.
1. With the included assembly manual, you can build a dog, bluebird, or cricket.
2. Download the free R+ design application, a 3D-animated, interactive assembly manual (available on Google Play and Apple iTunes), you can also build the whale, goldfish, polar bear, or tank.
3. Learn about different types of motion (wheel-based vs. joint-based linkage) using the motorized gearbox included with the kit.
3) Design and record your own original, moving robot!
Let your imagination run wild and build a robot that is an original design. Be sure to use the motorized gearbox to make your model move and bring your creation to life.
When your creation is finished, create a Mini Movie telling us about your robot.
4) Upload and submit your creation!
Upload your Mini Movie to YouTube by using your personal account, and then share it with us by filling out the Project Submission form. The form will be shared with you in the acceptance email that was mentioned from the application process.
If you were accepted to receive support, the email will contain a coupon code and instruct you to proceed with the following steps below:
1. Visit the STEAM CUP USA to add a PLAY600 kit to your basket. Use the same e-mail address with which you applied.
2. Before finalizing your purchase, use the coupon code that was emailed to you.
3. Congratulations! You are ready for the PLAY600 Challenge!
You will receive (1) PLAY600 Kit to your home!
Participants are judged based on the following categories:
Mini Movie Production
Creator’s name, grade level, location
Creation’s origin and function
Length (2 Minutes Maximum)
Utilization of Props, Scenery, Light and Sound Effects, Music, and Costumes (For Extra Points)
All participants will receive a PLAY600 Certificate of Achievement upon successful completion of the PLAY600 Challenge.
Winner(s) will receive a free PLAY700 Kit and will automatically qualify for the PLAY700 Challenge.